Thursday, October 13, 2011

1987 May/June issue Part 3

Prayers
The following suggestions for intercession are abridged from Lancelot Andrewes' Private Devotions:
for those who have a claim on me
from kinship,-for brothers and sisters, that God's blessing may be on them and on their children;
or from benefits conferred,-that Thy recompence may be on all who have benefitted me, who have ministered to me in spiritual, material, or physical things;
or from trust placed in me,- those whom I have educated, employed, served, influenced;
or from natural kindness,-for all who love me, though I know them not;
or from Christian love,-for those who hate me without cause, or even on account of truth and righteosuness;
or from neighbourhood,-those who dwell near me;
or from promise,-for all whom I have promised to remember in prayers;
or from mutual office,-for all who remember me in their prayers and ask of me the same;
or from stress of engagements,-for all who for any sufficient cause fail to call upon Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!