Saturday, January 7, 2012

1988 July/August issue Part 2

The Thick Darkness
(Exodus 20:21, Moses approached the dark cloud where God was. 1 Kings 8:12, "O Lord, who has set the sun in heaven, but has chosen to dwell in thick darkness...")

I thought i was walking all alone 
Into darkness immense and drear.
But where is was densest a Hand touched my own, 
And a voice spoke gentle and clear:
"Do you not think you might have known
That i should be here?
Your need is met, your way will be shown.
Be of good cheer."
(Bishop F.Houghton, China Inland Mission)

This was sent to me recently by Ann Draisey, an old friend whose husband was killed by a drunken driver in 1952. At his funeral my father handed her the above poem. " I was helped many times in reading this and thinking of the one who gave it to me," she writes. "When Ed died my whole world turned upside down. He was a stronger Christian and i leaned much on him." Ann has been widowed a second time, but says, "I marvel now at the goodness of the Lord and His care over me since that day. He is so faithful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!