Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1988 November/December issue Part 5

If You Can't Do What You Like, Like What You Do.

A young man working at a resort hotel for the summer: "For about four weeks i was in a total daze as i tried to relate the complex details of the hotel to each other. One day, at the end of my patience, i said, 'This is a waste of time' i sat down and read Ecclesiastes - 'Vanity, vanity...' I realised, like Solomon, that if we fail to recognize God's complete sovereignty over all things, life is just endless, meaningless cycles. After that, i realized that no matter how hard, dirty, or apparently useless my immediate job is, God has a purpose in it and i am to do my work 'heartily as unto the Lord.' So i do, and what peace it has brought me! I now love my job!"

Another man who through reading Through Gates of Splendor heard God's call to mission work, and through Passion and Purity decided to trust God completely for his love life, writes, "Mrs.Gren please don't write any more books- i don't think i can handle another major change in my life! Ha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!