Monday, June 18, 2012

1990 July/August issue Part 1

Taking Care of my Little Sister

(Reprinted by permission by The Home Sweet Home Newspaper of the Shepherd Family, Vol. I, No.1. The writer is my granddaughter, Christiana, age eight.)

Last night my mother and father were gone and i had to put Evangeline* down for bed. My mom had put on her diapers and i had to put on her pajamas. This is how it started. I put Evangeline on Colleens bed and I said, ‘Evangeline, stay here!’ and of course she went off the bed, crawled down the stairs, and of course I went after her and said, ‘Evangeline, come here!’ Finally I got her and put her on the kitchen table and put her pajamas on and she saw her bottle on the kitchen counter and I gave it to her and took her back upstairs. Then I prayed with her and wound up the ‘Hark, the Herald Angels Sing’ music box and said good night. Whew!”

*(aged sixteen months when this was written).

1 comment:

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!