Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1985 November/December issue Part 4

If Hurt, Bless

A friend writes of problems in the church and of the tough battle she has fought with the powers of darkness as she has prayed for her husband during certain crucial church meetings. He was not the pastor but happened to be in a place of responsibility, so he bore the brunt of the troubles. "Have been reading up on blessing," she wrote. "It has been clear that Joe and I would have to bless the ones who have hurt us so badly-at least that's what I kept finding in the Word. I realized I had no idea how to bless someone. I can pray for him, commend and commit him to the Lord, forgive him, etc., but how do I 'bless' him? When Christ took up the little children to bless them it doesn't say He taught or admonished them-He. blessed them. I think blessing means turning a person so that God falls upon him Blessing people faces them the right way to perceive God's goodness falling on them. The definition works interpersonally, too. If I bless Jill before others, I am illuminating those aspects of her character which reflect God, instead of agreeing with the whisperers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!