Saturday, August 20, 2011

1986 July/August issue Part 4

How Things Go in the Carpentry Business
Jeff Becraft of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes writes, "In trying to recruit college athletes to serve as 'huddle leaders' at our summer camps I get a lot of responses such as,'Well, I'd like to go, but it depends on my job, and I'd like to do some traveling this summer ... etc.' "Jesus didn't say,'Well, I'm going to see how things go in the carpentry business and if things don't work out ... well, I might go save the world or something.' No.'We are going to Jerusalem.' This is no seeking of adventure. This is no wim. This is the will of God. That's all that matters."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!