Monday, January 17, 2011

1983 November/December issue Part 6

My Vow.
Whatsoever Thou sayest unto me, by thy grace I will do it.
 
 
My Constraint.
Thy love, O Christ, my Lord.
 
 
My Confidence.
Thou are able to keep that which I have committed unto Thee.
 
 
My Joy.
To do Thy will, O God.
 
 
My Discipline.
That which I would not choose, but which Thy love appoints.
 
 
My Prayer.
Conform my will to Thine.
 
 
My Portion.
The Lord is my portion of inheritance.
Teach us, good Lord, to serve Thee more faithfully; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labor and not ask for any reward save that of knowing that we do Thy will, O Lord our God.

(From Gold Cord by Amy Carmichael, 1867-1957, founder of the Dohnavur Fellowship of South India.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!