Saturday, February 12, 2011

1984 May/June issue Part 5

Ever Been Bitter?

Sometimes I've said, "0 Lord, you wouldn't do this to me, would you? How could you Lord?" I can recall such times later on, and realize that my perspective was skewed. A scripture passage which helps me rectify it is Isaiah 45: "Will the pot contend with the potter, or the earthenware with the hand that shapes it? Will the clay ask the potter what he is making? ... Thus says the Lord, would you dare question me concerning my children, or instruct me in my handiwork? I alone, I made the earth and created man upon it." He knows exactly what He is doing. I am clay. The word humble comes from the root word humus, earth, clay. Let me remember that when I question God's dealings. I don't understand Him, but then I'm not asked to understand, only to trust. Bitterness dissolves when I remember the kind of love with which He has loved me-He gave Himself for me. He gave Himself for me. He gave Himself for me. Whatever He is doing now, therefore, is not cause for bitterness. It has to be designed for good, because he loved me and gave Himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!