Monday, February 14, 2011

1984 May/June issue Part 6

Letters

"It's Six A.M., the baby's been up, fed, diapered. There's nothing like a crying, hungry baby with an oozing diaper to jolt you out of your dreams. Normally I get in bed as soon as I can and try to squeeze every last minute of sleep possible. But today was different. I decided to read God's word before the day started (that's when I need it) not after it's over. You're an example of the power of scripture in one's life. I want to thank you for taking time to speak God's clear simple
message. . (following several paragraphs in which the woman describes her childhood with a paranoid schizoid mother and later her marriage to the leader of a Christian organization. Her husband proved to be both homosexual and financially irresponsible.) "Now I am in the middle of an annulment, putting the pieces of my life back together. Why do I share this? you may ask. Because for the first time I see that I cannot weigh God's love for me based on circumstances. It is not God's fault. God's working in me is to humble me, to test me, and to make me prosper. I realize deep within me that I truly want the will of God, not mine, and will again pray, whatever the cost, Lord. I see developing within me a deep inner strength only developed through suffering, and I'm willing to suffer again if I can manifest the deep inner strength I see.. .in our Lord. God is sufficient to meet our needs, and does truly love us. "Trust and obey, for there's no other way."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, therefore just leave a little message at the end if you would prefer your comment not to be published!